United Kingdom – Registration


INLAND – Many inland waterway navigation authorities require boat registration. These include the Canal & River Trust (Canals), Scottish Canals, Environment Agency (River Thames, Medway) and the Broads Authority (Norfolk Broads). There are many other smaller navigation authorities in the UK besides these. for more information visit https://aina.org.uk/
COASTAL – There is no mandatory boat registration for leisure craft operating on the coast, however Harbour Authorities will often charge “Harbour Dues or “Visitor Dues” for leisure craft entering their area of jurisdiction. An example of rates can be found here for Chichester Harbour – https://www.conservancy.co.uk/page/harbour-dues-and-charges